View Single Post
Unread 07/29/2017, 04:42 PM   #9457
acesq
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisMD View Post
Just checking to see if anyone has experience with a BeanAnimal drain to basement sump with a long horizontal run.

I am shooting for 1400-1500 GPH flow with 12' vertical drop and 27' horizontal. Total of 3-90's (using sweeps) to get from overflow to sump. I am planning on using 1-1/2" pipe, about a 3-4" slope towards the sump on the horizontal section and gate valve at the sump.

Any thoughts or experiences out there with a setup close to this?

Thanks

You can get the flow you want with that setup, but if you can increase the size of the drain pipe to 2", you'll be better off in the long run since biofouling will slow it down a bit over time. I have a 30' horizontal run with 5' of drop. Using 2" drain pipe with 6 sweep els. I have plenty of flow to support 1500 gph +. I run 1300 gph (measured with the apex flow meter) and have the drain valve closed more than 1/4 of the way.

When I first set up my tank I ran 1.5" drain pipe and within a year it was having a hard time keeping up with the return pump. My guess is that it was draining around 1200 gph max.

Your 12' of drop will help substantially and you probably will get away with 1.5" pipe, but I'd go with the 2" for the extra headroom.