View Single Post
Unread 07/15/2004, 09:30 AM   #3
schanz
Registered Member

Good thread. Water flow is the last obstacle I need to takle on my reef. I think we should each start our replies by listing our current circulation methods.

I'm currently running one seio and 3 MJ1200's along with about a 600 gph return (from basement). All powerheads are pointing at another PH. Flow is good and varied through much of the tank but I can't get rid of dead spots.

I've gone over and over strategies and can't think of any that won't cost a fortune. I can tell what a difference flow makes when I move corals around and see the reactions. Policipora seems to be the most affected in my tank with recession around the base. I guess because their so dense.

I'm leaning toward replacing my 3 MJ's with a tunze 6080. I would then have the tunze on one side pointing at the seio on the other. I'm worried about getting whirlpool flow since the tunze will overpower the seio. I will probably end up with two tunze's since seio's don't have enough force to cover 6' of tank.

so how do you guys mount your tunze's? On each end pointing at each other? Is a controller necessary or just nice. My MJ's are creating shade in the middle and I want them out.