View Single Post
Unread 04/24/2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Guygettnby
Registered Member

wich nano to buy?

hello all!

i have been gone from the hobby for about a year now. well the bug started to bite again sooner then i thought it would. problem is i still have not moved, so i still cannot buy the bigger tank i was planning on buying.

i sold everything i had thinking that i would get a huge tank in the near future when we moved and now i find out we will be stuck here for a few more years. so i plan on buying a small tank to hold me over. here are my thoughts on what i want to buy as of right now.

oceanic biocube 29g HQI

or

jbj 28g intermediate LED

i really want the expert LED JBJ but i cant afford the tank right now and i still love MH lights.

i have been reading alot about both these tanks and i would like some input from other owners. i have never had LED lights before on a tank and just do not know enough about them to really jump into the JBJ tank without knowing what kind of corals i can have and exactly how the light looks in person. i have not seen the JBJ LED tank at any local stores either.

what kind of mods should i do to either of the tanks before i set it up?
what are the first things people are doing to these tanks?

i plan on getting a better skimmer down the line for sure, a power head (probably some sort of nano) and thats about as far as i have got so far. just need to figure out the cost of what i will be shelling out so i can get the wife to hop on board with the idea of a new tank. i am however only looking at these 2 tanks because of the price right now.

thanks for any input you can give to help sway my decision one way or the other. im really stuck on the fence between these 2 tanks and it is killing me

Last edited by Guygettnby; 04/24/2012 at 08:58 AM.
Guygettnby is offline   Reply With Quote