Thread: Rescue Corals
View Single Post
Unread 05/11/2012, 03:51 PM   #262
MechEng99
aka Reef'd Up

So, I just heard an interesting tip thirdhand about someone who rescued corals too. The person I talked to said the other rescuer swore by squirting a tiny bit of Kent's Essential Elements on the rescue corals every day.

For anyone who knows me personally, you know I look at most dosing products skeptically (except ca, alk, mag). I'm looking at this even more skeptically. The ingredients are "Calcium Chloride, Cobalt Chloride, Iron EDTA, Lithium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Manganese EDTA, Nickel Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Strontium Chloride, Zinc EDTA, Copper EDTA, and Potassium Bromide."

For a coral that is dying, I'm not sure how these elements would help...especially when target-dosed. The person claimed the coral would survive even if the entire mouth was missing.

Anyway, I'm going to try it...who knows. If no one tried anything, we'd still be using multi-colored gravel and undergravel filters. Just wanted to share what I heard in case anyone else can vouch...or wants to try it too.

PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
Systems: 200g SPS-dominant, 75g Rescue, 30g QT, & 10g QT
MechEng99 is offline   Reply With Quote