View Single Post
Unread 01/04/2010, 10:51 PM   #43
captain7359
Registered Member

Here's what I've got rigged up.

My ro/di goes into the left barrel via the white poly line. The red tubing coming out goes to my dosing pump which feed my kalk reactor for all my topoff water.
With one bag of salt I can mix up a 45 gallon change or max it out at a 55 gallon change. Between filling, mixing, draining, and refilling a 55 gallon change took me less than 30 minutes combined over the last 2 days.

With the bottom left valve I can pull ro/di water and pump it into the right mixing barrel. Close the ro valve and open the bottom right and top valve on the salt barrel and I can recirculate for mixing and heating.

With the bottom middle valve I can hook the vinyl tubing up via the union and pull water from any one of my 3 tanks in the sump system or my 40 frag tank and pump it right to the sewer drain.

Above the topmost tee and valve at the ceiling are the last pair of valves that either let me pump tank water to the sewer or back to the sumps with fresh mix.

I've got to add one more valve on the discharge of the pump to allow me to pump just ro for random use.

Besides the spare ro valve the only regret I have is not putting the middle valve coming off the bottom of the pipe so I could use it as a drain for the pump when I've got to pull it.

And here's my double ro setup that feeds it all.

Last edited by Misled; 10/30/2017 at 05:14 PM.
captain7359 is offline   Reply With Quote