View Single Post
Unread 05/01/2010, 09:12 PM   #15
CalmSeasQuest
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephane View Post
Good to have someone with real experience Tom thank very much but may I ask you someting

Compare the PAR is very usefull but I would like to know one to one unit measure in a 24x24 inch area and set the color to be same looking collor I think it will be more representative of the real usage most of us will do

AI have 2x white 6500k for 1x blue this combination is very good at producing PAR but I think most people include my self like a lot higher kelvin if not we will all still use Iwasaki 6k who have tons of PAR but make brown coral

wath is you impression about color?

I hope you understand my point as im french native sometime I have hard time expressing my point Im not criticizes you work but just want to be shure we could realy do a fair comparison

thank you again for you precious work

see you
I just received the G2s, so I'm still forming my opinion. The AIs at higher power settings are far less blue than the G2 (I'd estimate it the color at 10K-12K.) But the ramping features of the AI controller give you the ability to instantly adjust the color with the turn of a knob. I haven't finished the PAR tests yet, but as seen in the second photo - you can adjust the color on the AIs to match the color of the G2 (turn down the white LEDS) and still have more than twice the PAR output.

They are both great lights, each having their strengths. The Maxspect provides a great value, minus the optics, controller and Crees. I don't know about their support.

So far, I personally prefer the AquaIllumination. The optics allow for higher mounting, the controller is excellent, they are made in the US and support has been nothing short of phenomenal. FWIW - Here's my experience with AquaIllumination support...

About 6 weeks ago, I was adjusting the AI's which are hung above my tank when I did something stupid. While attempting to raise the lights (did I mention they are PAR MONSTERS?) my hand slipped and raised the right end of the rails too high, causing one of the AIs to slide off the other end and fall directly into the tank...The light was dead and it was entirely my fault.

I contacted AI (on a Sunday), Chris said to send it in and they would take a look at it ASAP. It was overnighted on Monday, they received it on Tuesday, repaired it AND overnighted it back to me THE SAME DAY. I had fried the main system board. AquaIllumination had it repaired within hours of receiving it and because of their efforts, I was without the light for less 72 hours. The cost?...Absolutely nothing.

I'm hoping Maxspect support is equally good, especially since it will require return shipping to China.

All of that said, the most important factor will be how the corals respond - and for that, we'll have to wait.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

Current Tank Info: 96X30" 270Gal, Kessil 360WEs, BK250 Double Cone, 400 gal ASW station with continuous water change
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote