View Single Post
Unread 12/17/2017, 07:57 PM   #9863
Scrubber_steve
I'm really very likeable

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimwassef View Post
Your views are certainly your own. No one is expecting investigation as long as you're clear that this is your experience and not absolute fact.
Absolute fact? I believe that something is either factual, or not factual.
I use just red 660nm LEDs at a specific wattage, as recommended, & have done so for some time now. And the fact is, that grows very good green thick algae on a plastic screen. No other LED colors, very low wattage. That was my original point to Horace - that he could use a lot less Watts & get the same of better results.

The bold statementsin my previous post are the finding from Bud Turbo of Turbo'sAquatics. Copy & pasted from his forum. This is a guy with extensive experience in regards to algae scrubbers, & a guy who has conversed extensively with many other scrubber users, for a long time. Their findings, their views (including NASA), not just mine as you put it. If you want to argue their finding, you'll need to set up a proper experiment.
Look to salty jo for advice on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimwassef View Post
Interestingly, I'm not interested in just green algae. I've always believed in deversity and that extends to everything living. I actually find that the different algae strains in competition create a more interesting and robust algae mass.
In regards to growing algae, purely as a means of nutrient export, a variety of algaes is not necessary. All that is needed for this is one algae, that grows reasonable fast & thick, over a period of 7 to 14 days. That will remove all the nutrients needed.

Last edited by Scrubber_steve; 12/17/2017 at 08:04 PM.
Scrubber_steve is offline   Reply With Quote