View Single Post
Unread 06/12/2018, 06:29 PM   #19
Newms118
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsea View Post
By the way, I think your refugium is the bomb. It looks like a jungle of vines of different colors and texture. The Damsel and the Royal Grammy rock. Do you feed them? Perhapes they are living on pods?

From what I see here, you feed heavy and have a nutrient rich system. Keep your redox up to encourage healthy macro and discourage nuisance macro. Provide good circulation at water air interface to decrease surface tension to allow good gas exchange. If you have a sump, a surface skimmer that removes scum and dust will assist with good air exchange. Allow water to cascade down into sump.

I am not going to comment on your use of an algecide. It will be some time before your system stabilizes. You should implement the things I mentioned. They will help no matter what route you go. I would use much GAC and change it frequently.

PSS: In my 30G EcoSystem mud/macro refugium, I used rock rubble in the first chamber to provide good gas exchange.
Thanks, the bottom seems to have no issue with growing macros, I swear by that taotronic full spectrum grow light. The grama and damsel get fed very rarely so they definitely eating pods or something. They got put down there bc they just loved harassing other fish.

Ive added the GAC (two big bags of it), so I'm wondering how often you change it?

I took out the algae and scrubbed them to get them clean again, and vacuumed the sand as best I could, so far the GHA is only slightly coming back, but definitely on the return. The cyano is maybe only barely around. I'm really suspecting that there is something wrong with my main display lights. They are strong enough to beat down a red grape plant at the bottom of the tank, but the plants dont seem to thrive in the DT, only really in the sump. Can LED lights go bad after a while and just not put out the right wavelengths after years of use?

Newms118 is offline   Reply With Quote