View Single Post
Unread 11/11/2015, 07:12 AM   #8
terry4505
Registered Member

It was suggested to me to move the gate valve down, because it can cause issues on restart. I cannot confirm or deny this, but nothing is glued...

I'll be picking up the sump and return pump this weekend. I cut and primed a piece of 3/4" ply for the base of the stand. The sump will eventually move to the basement, but for now, all the filtration will take place in the stand. I am going with a Jebao DCT12000 for the return. The overflow is rated for 1500 GPH.

No idea on a skimmer yet.

I was given an old MH/PC 6' fixture that was CRAZY heavy, as it contained all of the ballasts in it. I gutted the whole thing and am envisioning three Kessil A360s and some T5s down the road.

I haven't mentioned this, but the guy who is buying our house might be interested in my tank. All of it. Which means I need to figure out what all of this stuff is worth to me.

It also means I will have to replace EVERYTHING. Which is daunting.

On the plus side, it means that there is no rush getting this baby set up, as I don't have to have it ready for livestock in a week.

So that is where we are at currently. I have put a ton of time (maybe too much if you ask my wife and principle) into planning this ting. And so far, those plans have been executed exactly as I foresaw.

I welcome any critiques, criticisms and feedback. I am no expert

terry4505 is offline   Reply With Quote