View Single Post
Unread 02/07/2012, 10:55 AM   #294
brannock_16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moray keeper View Post
The eels in my avatar are golden dwarf morays, aka GDM's. I have quite a few of them, they rarely bother anything whether it be smaller fish or inverts. As far as snowflakes go, again I have not had a problem as far as small hermit crabs with them but I often bring home small-medium crabs that I catch and they devour them.
Hey Moray Keeper,

I am receiving a pair of GDM's today and wanted to know what your feeding regimen is. I have read many of your previous posts and am going to feed the following (depending on availability):

Shrimp - should I leave the shell on or take it off?

Mussels - can I feed clams and scallops? Should I leave them in the shell or take them out before feeding?

Squid - if available

Octopus - if available

Fish - any recommendations? Would halibut, cod, salmon be okay?

I also know not to feed krill or silversides. Would you suggest soaking the food in Garlic or Selcon before feeding?

The GDM's I am receiving are on the smaller size...roughly 4-5 inches so I will have to feed smaller pieces for them correct? Also, with them being so small, I was planning on feeding once every other day to every two days. Does that sound about correct?

Any other information that you guys can give me? These will be my first eels? I have been doing a ton of research and they are going into a 120 gallon LPS heavy mixed reef.

Thanks,

Robert

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon tank, Tek 48 inch 6 bulb T5, Vertex 170 Alpha Protein Skimmer, 2 Vortech MP 40W ES, 1 Vortech MP 10W ES, LPS Dominant reef!
brannock_16 is offline   Reply With Quote