View Single Post
Unread 08/17/2017, 07:15 AM   #1
SouthFla
Registered Member

Anyone else make the mirrorless switch?

So I ditched all of my Canon dSLR's and glass, and invested in Sony's a7R II mirrorless system. Admittedly I was nervous as a life-long Canon shooter. I shoot primarily commercial/event/portrait stuff, although landscape work will always be my favorite (but rarely pays the bills lol). I gotta say the Sony system is flat out spectacular. A bit of a learning curve, but goodness the quality of the images are spectacular and dynamic range and ISO capabilities run circles around my Canon gear. All of this in a form factor a fraction the weight & size of my 1D's and 5DIII's, 70-200 2.8's etc. I went from a large heavy rolling Pelican case to equivalent body & glass that fits in a small backpack!

I'm not confident enough yet in the focusing to try action/sports, but that may come with time and practice. The "Eye-AF" is game changing for portrait and event work, and I find myself giggling like a kid at Christmas when looking at the unbelievable resolution in the 42mp files LOL.

Anyone else make the switch??

Current Tank Info: 125G reef, Alk ~8.1, Ca 410, Mg 1350, 1.025SG
SouthFla is offline   Reply With Quote