View Single Post
Unread 02/22/2015, 03:37 AM   #51
SHUMALA
Registered Member

A quick update after spending more time with the doser.

I resolved issue (2) I posted earlier. Basically, before the first memory wipe, I backed up the original calibration numbers. After each memory wipes, I would load the calibration file. However, it turns out that the calibration file is either empty or corrupted. I would expect the software to give me an error. However, each time I load, it wouldn't actually tell me if its successful or not, and just give a progression bar. I tested last night and confirm that even though the progression bar reaches 100% each time, the calibration data did not actually load into the software. So I ended up having to un-prime all my dosing heads last night and recalibrate everything again. This solved issue (2).

Also, on issue (5), I found out what the clicking sound was. It was the sound of the alarm. Basically, I did not setup an "alarm type". So the clicking sound I guess is the
no alarm type" alarm type... Come on, again, can we please either make that drop down field mandatory or default to an audible alarm sound rather than clicking noise? And I found this out randomly today as the optical sensor, which I set as High Water Alarm, kept going off. Originally, all I heard was the clicking sound, then I saw the error message cycle on once every minute or so, and I realize that the optical sensor was triggering the alarm, which was the click click click noise. To make this even more interesting, my sump was not overflowing at the time. I took the optical sensor and wiped it down with dry tower... The alarming kept going off. And this is even after I reset the ATO alarm manually on the computer. Now the optical sensor is unplugged as well. I'll send another mail to Pacific Sun with a video of the faulty optical sensor / alarm.

SHUMALA is offline   Reply With Quote