View Single Post
Unread 07/12/2018, 12:16 AM   #34
Peckoltia
Registered Member

Hi Paul - Good to hear your tank is going well.

Lights have now been paid for. Unfortunately they are 4-6 weeks away from arriving at my door (waiting for new stock to land in Australia and be sent to to me). Which isn't a big deal as the tank will need to cycle anyway. It is just an issue with pushing the tank back onto the wall (and starting the cycle and finishing plumbing). As I wanted to fix my light brackets to the wall and suspend the lights before the tank was pushed onto the wall - just to make life easier not having to drill holes into the wall leaning over a 3' wide tank. Still undecided what I will do in regards to this.

I ended up going with 4x 120cm Illumagic Blaze X's. I tossed up whether to go down the Radion path, but with a 3' wide tank it is a bit awkward with each light apparently covering a 2x2' area, and the sheer volume of radion's that would be required (6 as an absolute minimum). Dalua Australia (the supplier of Illumagic in Australia) were also very good to deal with and always very happy to answer any questions as were Nature Aquarium in Melbourne who I bought the lights from - and like anyone I ask a lot.

Peckoltia is offline   Reply With Quote