Thread: Neptune Support
View Single Post
Unread 04/27/2012, 11:28 AM   #31
Jocko
Registered Member

I had my original Apex go a while ago due to a power outtage. I emailed Neptune and got a prompt reply. I had some random timers and things hanging around for backup purposes, so I opted to just send in the the head unit and wait for them to send the repaired unit back. Well I'm on the east coast and they are on the west coast and I had my unit back in working condition within a week. So I was satisfied with that.

I don't want you guys to think I'm trying to make excuses for bad service here, but I think you need to make sure you are coming into this with proper expectations. You need to understand what it is that Neptune does for us and recognize there are certain realities. These guys have to invest a lot of time and money into creating a product like this. And ultimately this is a pretty low volume product. So you can imagine how hard it is to make a profit on a low volume product that has a large engineering and development investment to create. Could they provide 24/7 phone support and advance shipment repairs? Sure. They could provide a Rolls Royce type experience. But they'd have to charge a Rolls Royce price. I'm sure some of the more expensive controllers out there might have better service, but that is precisely because they are more expensive. Neptune is serving a particular market. It's because of what they do that we can get a good controller at a good price. But we have to work with them and try to appreciate the fact that they offer us this product and this price. And if you compare them to that other major company in this market/price range, you'll see they definitely have the superior service.

Jocko is offline   Reply With Quote