View Single Post
Unread 02/01/2017, 07:55 AM   #2
AZRippster
Diver & Reef Aquarium Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowedFloor View Post

There is a SD card slot on the controller, allowing you to do stuff?

I like how the controller has locking/waterproof connectors for the pump lines, but dislike how the power adapters connect to the controller. I found them to be questionable at best, and they easily fall out if tugged on. However if you were to properly mount the unit, and zip tie up your wires, it wouldn't be an issue.
I purchased my set of XF280's pretty much right after release date so I've dealt with some of the initial problems.

#1 - The SD Card slot allows for firmware updates/upgrades. I've had to update mine 3 times since purchase to correct software "bugs". CoralVue has been very helpful in providing the updated firmware.

#2 - Sounds like you haven't seen or heard of the hairdryer trick. Yes, the power cords fall out easily. It's because they are ridiculously tight to the point of a person being afraid of pushing them in any harder. You need to warm them up good with a hairdryer to soften the rubberized/plastic housing material and then push them together. They will then go and you'll feel a "pop" or "click" letting you know they have actually seated. After that the material will cool and remain in a functional state. CoralVue release a video on this, you might wanna take a look for better detail.

I run my two on an 8' tank at 60% and have been very happy. Cleaning them is a bit of a PITA, but you get better at it. I'm hoping CoralVue does a servicing video on the XF280 as they are different from the other pumps, primarily explaining the motor disassembly/assembly.

AZRippster is offline   Reply With Quote