View Single Post
Unread 06/15/2018, 07:03 PM   #1824
Reefer40b
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemodan View Post
Hi Mark

My 2 cent. Once you have achieved your desire Alk value, start the doser at night and allow it to dose small amounts during the day. I have mine dosing from midnight till 6 pm.

As you stopped your doser, now you will need to calibrate it again. I will be measuring every day, at the same time, let say 9-10 pm (in my cycle). And do small adjustments to the doser.

What I do when I have a peak of alk is to reduce the dosing volume and test alk every other day. To give time for biological adjustment. I will continue reducing the dosing until the doser and all the corals (with their consumption) give me a lecture of my final wanted Alk.

From there I just measure alk once or twice a week. Until I detect a deviation (+ or - alk than the decire) and start the adjustment again.

For example, now my Alk have been dropping slowly to 6 dkh and I have been adjusting the doser 2-3 ml (increase) per week to keep it around 6.5 dkh.

Then, something will change in the tank biology and corals will not be so active. As soon as it is over 7 dkh, I will start reducing the dosing slowly. BUT I never stop the doser !!!

Just my experience my friend. Corals looks AMAZING!!!. Keep those pictures coming.

Best
Daniel
I usually do the same as far as alk dosing goes. I never stop the doser just keep it running but back off or add about 5ml a week to keep it in my target range. Test every other day when adjusting and just weekly when it going steady.

Owner Hidden Treasure Corals LLC
Reefer40b is offline   Reply With Quote