View Single Post
Unread 06/10/2019, 09:31 AM   #1253
soulpatch
Registered Member

So as is the case with my tank it seems I am swapping some equipment.

Sold the GHL doser and KH director. I liked it and found it reliable BUT it did not give me trend lines since I did not have the Profilux. Seems trivial I am sure but for me it was critical to see trends over time as I adjusted various items. Looking now to upgrade my Apex headunit and likely delve into the Trident.

My new fish have come along great but run into a slight issue with the grow out tank. My copperband is amazing in the display with the aiptasia I have to the point I don't see them. They were in my sump and overflow which the copperband cannot get to and as such now in my grow out tank to a degree. Thinking of trying the berghia route again in the growout tank and see how they can do to keep that area under control. Added benefit is that there are no predators for them in that tank with the melanus and such in the display.

I missed the last frag swap as I was in Europe for business so as such have a large batch to be going to my LFS shortly for resale. A lot of decent looking cuts that have healed and allowed me to dial in my radion and get corals to not only heal but color up as my cuts are normally the outer bottom edges and as such dull to a degree.

I need to figure out my ATO for my upcoming vacation though. With the grow out tank being open top I am exhausting my ATO in a manner of a few days. I churn through a good 2+ gallons a day at this point. I am thinking a large 30 gallon tote but worry slightly about siphon and flooding the tank. I do however have the spectrapure ATO unit I was using for my calrx feed I can utilize which should mitigate that risk but still something I need to test. Else I will utilize my tried and true pump from tote into omy ATO res so as worst I only overfill that one and don't drift my salinity.

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote