View Single Post
Unread 07/19/2015, 10:23 AM   #13
kenpau
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helfish View Post
So the Aurora really do benefit from the more diffuse light spread of the T5's. The LED's in Aurora are also without any optics, so that would affect to the PAR readings aswell. How do you like the shimmer? How noticable it is when runnin T5's 100%? How do you like the color mixing of the LED's? How strong is the discoball effect?

Would be interesting to know PAR readings from LED's only

I'm like a question machine today
It definitely seems that the issues of light spread with LEDs are dealt with by the T5s. There is shimmer, when the T5 is at 100% it's still visible, not like Kessils but just a gentle shimmer.
There is no discoball effect that I've noticed, if it's there then it's very faint, and no chance of it with the T5s running.
I'll get PAR readings of just LED tomorrow.
Questions are good, that's why I started this thread because there was just no information online, there can't be many people running this light (understandable because of the price) because all the reviews I found were from magazines/websites and not end users.

Current Tank Info: 220 Gallon mixed reef
kenpau is offline   Reply With Quote