View Single Post
Unread 03/31/2006, 03:11 PM   #11
Crit21
Registered Member

All just my opinion:
-Exotic Tropicals (Trey) will most likely beat any price on commercially-produced tanks--or anything else for that matter. Consider that a trip to Denver is going to cost you up to $25 R/T, you'll save even more. I got a 125G RR tank with the overflow plumbing for less than the cost of the identical tank in Denver without the plumbing.
-Mr. Aqua has an amazing selection of hard and soft corals, but you'll pay top dollar for them. I think their fish are the healthiest in town.
-Seascape has good quality stuff, but I have also seen them sell in-the-bag and sick fish before. They use copper, so if a fish has been in the tank a few days they should be ok. They're probably the best source for the more rare anemones.
Petco at I-25 and Venetucci gets some good specimen fish in occassionally, but they seem to have constant issues with ich on newly arrived fish. I have bought a few fish there and have fair luck with them. I bought a 2 1/2" juvenile queen angel from them 6 months ago for around $40, and it's doing very well. They keep their tanks at 1.016 to treat for parasites, so you really have to take your time acclimating their fish to your tank. I think their supplier could also be a bit suspect (cyanide, perhaps?).
-I don't go to Neptune's often. It's across town from where I live and work, and their prices seem to be pretty high for what you get.

Crit21 is offline   Reply With Quote