Thread: 125g
View Single Post
Unread 04/11/2012, 11:45 PM   #11
BossHoggin
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorchicken View Post
Nice setup, IMO the stocking list looks good. Looking forward to pictures of the mixed reef if you decide to post them.
Thanks! It's funny you mention the stocking list...
I impulse bought a fish on Monday with a purpose in mind: a HUGE pajama cardinal (have yet to get a solid measurement of it). It's purpose? I figured there was a chance it's advanced body language could communicate the "all clear" to the bluthroat after seeing the maroon clownfishes presence perk him up. I was right! Watching it's behavior in the LFS I could tell it had some serious attitude, coupled with it's freakish size (is there a hidden tropical sea near Chernobyl?) and health I figured it was worth a shot.

Now all my fish in the DT are a lot more active and feeding is entirely different. I can drop in the food and back off; the cardinal, clownfish and trigger eat a lot better. I think the turkey baster scared the fish, leaving them a lot more passive during feeding time. But until now, I have had to spot-feed the trigger to ensure he gets enough to eat, as he slimmed down in his initial couple weeks. He was reluctant to come out at all, let alone eat.

Pics of the reef will be up soon, it is starting to look normal again.

So to recap my current fish:
-snowflake eel (18" now, it has grown a little over an inch a month!)
-male bluethroat triggerfish
-pajama cardinalfish
-maroon clownfish
-emperor devil pseudochromis

There is two more fish I am looking at:
-foxface lo
Realistically the last fish.
-slingjaw wrasse (epibulus insidiator)
Biggest measured was 16" I believe, I assume an average captive specimen to be a fair bit smaller. Saw one at a LFS long ago, never found an ID on it. Seeing it eat was amazing and it had a ton of personality.

60B mixed reef w/ 33G sump/refugium
125G FOWLR w/ Eshopps R_300
BossHoggin is offline   Reply With Quote