View Single Post
Unread 07/26/2009, 10:19 PM   #1
prettypearl08
Registered Member

My DIY 300-500 Gallon Aquarium

Okay... I am sold I think I am addict...I was sitting in my parents living staring at their entertainment center thinking how great a 300 - 500 Gallon Aquarium would look in instead of her tv and all those embarrassing childhood pictures of us.....

So without my fiances approval I made plans to go big at least 300 Gallons BIG! Leaning more towards 500 Gallons, but I think he'll really notice that one! My plan is to put it in his man room where we are having a full bar and a 60in flat screen plasma put in I figure with all the liquor, testosterone, pool and a big tv he won't notice I spent 10G's on an in-wall aquarium set-up instead of our wedding.... Let's just say I am girl who is just not into that big wedding... I WANT MY IN-WALL SETUP! Maybe the wedding can be in his "man room" and the tank can be the back drop for our wedding pic's! ! It's cheaper.

Back to the tank.... Now my first debate I had with myself was Glass or Acrylic for my big set-up..... Can I get some input! I have a vision that has been beating my head up that has to be completed.

How hard would it be to literally build my own aquarium and stand. I would like to start from scratch and watch my vision unfold. I need to know how thick the glass or acrylic needs to be hold the water volum of the aquarium. It is still in its planning stages but it is COMING SOON!

P.S. I asked him could we go to Fiji for our honeymoon..... He might catch on to me..... I think I am in love with coral reef!

prettypearl08 is offline   Reply With Quote