View Single Post
Unread 05/16/2012, 02:10 PM   #1068
TropTrea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snausy View Post
So much to absorb, so confused as to what I'm going to do. Actually doing it seems to be the easy part.

Figuring out what you are going to do is the hard part. How many led, cree or bridgelux, what to use for heatsinks, rows or clusters, where to put the different colors.

Literally making my head spin. I've asked in a couple other threads...some advice would help.

300g 31" deep 8ft long...what would you do? I'm literally at the point of just trusting one of you guys that has done it a few times and seems knowlegable to tell me what to do. I really don't want to spend 700 bucks or whatever and find out that I could've done it much better for less.

Last I "decided" I was leaning towards two 120 led kits from aquastyle but they are bridgelux. http://www.aquastyleonline.com/produ...mable-Kit.html

If I can have fewer crees to provide the same amount of light maybe that would be better. BAH! so undecided and ignorant really that I'm frozen from making a call one way or the other. SO my little 4ft T-5 fixture continues to sit there doing a crappy job.

I asked the same question in a different thread so if you answer me there I will see it, no need to post again. I'm just trying to get this figured out so I can get started! THanks
Color balance is realy a personal thing. My advice is to start with a system that has a 1 Neutral White to 3 Blue combination. With your tank I would recommend about 120 3 watt LED's with lenses. But to start off put in 24 Neutral White LED's, 30 Royal Blue LED's and 30 Blue LED's. Then evaulate the color per your personal taste and add the additional LED's is phases to slowly balance the tank to your personal color taste.

Current Tank Info: Main tank 120 Gallon, 432 Watts T-5's plus 30 Watts of LED's, Frag 40 Gallon tank 234 Watts T-5's, 3 Frag tanks all 40 Gallon with LED lighting between 60 and 84 Watts. All LEDs are DIY Oh and then there is fresh water tanks 270 gallons
TropTrea is offline   Reply With Quote