View Single Post
Unread 07/02/2017, 08:13 PM   #318
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Here is the post I was referring to. Felt, regardless of micron size is what I've waiting on. The nylon is good for large particles and is easy to clean. Felt would be nice for the second sock chamber to polish things up. I'm using mesh now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
I have tried several different brands of 4" socks now and none of them fit. I think we need to find them in metric size in order for them to fit our dream boxes. I am still on the hunt for felt socks. I don't even want to run water thru the box until I can get my hands on felt socks. I can't imagine the nylon mesh socks catching anything other then food .

I was sockless in my previous tanks and the crud and sediment that would build up in the sump was ridiculous. I want this sump to stay squeaky clean.

Yea, we did realize here in the US that they need to be metric. The dreambox is unique in that it uses multiple rows of socks and will stop post particles even with the mesh socks. If you were in a pinch and really concerned you could cut a 4" felt sock and drop it into the mesh ones or even some filter floss in there. We will be getting felt socks in the US. They are waiting on samples in Germany and like you, I much prefer felt socks over mesh ones. IN Europe, it seems everybody prefers mesh. My guess is when we get our next major shipment, we will have a mess of felt socks in there. It's likely 90 days out though before we have them here.

ReefKeeper64 is offline   Reply With Quote