View Single Post
Unread 10/05/2017, 11:00 AM   #16
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nak View Post
The system is coming along nicely! I wish I made more progress on my system so I can have you over.
One day it'll happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nak View Post
I think you should stick to your original plan of housing a magnifica. You'll be much happier. Trust me! I'll keep an eye out.

One thing you'll need to change though -- you'll need to find a flat rock to place on top of your rock structure. Mags don't like porous rocks like pukani because they can't spread their foot out. I often describe it as looking like a fried egg because they try to expand their foot on the surface of the rock as much as possible. If you don't have a flat rock, they'll continuously move, and will eventually make it to the wall of the tank, which isn't visually appealing.
My only concern is the tank dimensions are too small (24"x20"x20"). I've read a lot of people's mags don't really grow that big, but it might be way too big for this tank? I fit stays within 10" I think that would work... I could probably start with a smaller one and not feed it manually after it got to a good size.

And yeah, I was thinking the rocks wouldn't work. I'll look for a smoother flat one if I get the mag!

I'll keep looking around for one.

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote