View Single Post
Unread 11/19/2017, 08:50 PM   #880
Wally.B
Registered Member

WOW!!! (I may have found the TANK CURSE) Post Flood Inspections

Since I had the copper Pipe Leak Flood in basement, I decided to do full inspections on all water plumbing in house.

I may have found something that could possibly be my Tank Curse (of past many month).

I discovered after removing everything from Kitchen Sink Cubboard (underneath cupboard Shelf) At the back wall was wet and rotten. It wasn't visible from the Front.

I found out that the Dishwasher Corrugated Drain hose had developed a crack.

It would only leak when dishwasher was running, and it wasn't a big leak but enough (since dishwasher is used DAILY).
DRAIN hose Means dirty, SOAPY water.

The floor is ceramic in kitchen but at the back of cupboard the ceramic ends.
At the wooden part there is a tiny hole that Builder Made to install Alarm System wiring.

That hole was directly over my RO Reservoir.

I never tested my reservoir since my RO system and a buld in TDS meter that checked in and our TDS.

That reservoir was recently changed (about month ago....around the time of Water RESET), but it always was a garbage Bin. And it used to be located more directly under Drip hole.

During Water Reset, I was making lots of water rapidly, so maybe dishwater water didn't get into some of the made water.

IT HAD a lid but sometime I would remove the lid (in the past, on occasion)

SO IF DISHWASHER was running, RO system WATER RESERVOIR for making Salt Water could have gotten contaminated by Soap, dirty dishwasher drain.

** DIFFERENT levels of RO Water contamination, depending on various situations (Dishwasher Running, Lid open, etc)**

Water changes could have been TOXIC to SPS.

** AND this could explain why I saw no Drip Water on the Basement floor, since it went DIRECTLY into Reservoir **

Maybe this wasn't "THE TANK CURSE", but highly possible, regardless I'm glad I caught this.

TDS of reservoir NOW is 1.0, (which is fine) but I will test from now on.

Hey, this is great!!! The new Current/ Future Tank might have a chance to do well!!

Last edited by Wally.B; 11/19/2017 at 09:07 PM.
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote