View Single Post
Unread 12/06/2015, 07:09 PM   #114
matt888
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Reefman View Post
Hi Matt, thanks for adding your knowledge to the thread.

Since you are here at RC, I assume you have an aquarium somewhere? Like at home in west central Florida or at the vacation home in the Keys?

Don't be a stranger here. Then you get to do something interesting in the Keys, let us know. Even if it's a cool site to visit on land (like the Diving Museum) or even a good place to eat! We visit the Keys 4 to 6 times a year for 4 and 5 days at a time and we are always looking for new and interesting stuff to do. Of course, in the water stuff is always worth talking about!

Hi there. Yes, I have a 40g tank in the Tampa area. I had a 210g system for a few yrs packed with SPS, Ricordea, Clams but recently downsized due to an upcoming move closer to the Keys in 2016. Just had too much going on at once to keep maintaining a large system. One day I'll do another large tank again when I'm more settled in.
I had alot of flow in my large tank (great for the SPS) and that had a negative impact on my past collection of Ricordea. Sand would shift over the top of the Ric colonies and if left unchecked, would cause them to melt away! I still have about 30 Rics left and in my 40g now, but plan to pack that 40g over the next yr or two with more.
I'm sure you've heard of the Square Grouper restaurant near Cudjoe Key, but if not, get in there for a dinner!

Keep your eyes peeled for zoas on the Atlantic side in the rocky areas in 20-40'!

210g SPS, 4 Seaswirls, 75g Sump, 3x400w Radiums (Taken Down)