View Single Post
Unread 10/30/2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Austinchap
Registered Member

CADLight 8 gallon Build

Well after numerous weeks of looking for a nice nano for the kitchen. I came across the cad lights mini series. I couldn't really find any build threads for these and was kinda scared that i would be paying 149 for a 12x12 tank that im going to rip everything off of to make it useable. so i just bit the bullet and decided id be the guinea pig to see how these AIO's are.

Here are the specs:

*Modern Slim Profile LED lighting system 6.5W. Quad panels design with light output of 4000 LUX/Fc, equivalent to 48W T5HO lighting.

* Tank dimensions are 12" x 12" x 13"

* Slide-able instant Access filter system.

* 100% Acrylic filtration for a true deep black background.

* 110GPH pump for a turn over rate of 25X.

* NEW Linear + Seamless design.

*High Starfire glass Clarity seamless single panel.

The tank arrived pretty quickly after my order and boy was the box big. They had double boxed it with roughly three inches of foam and cardboard between both boxes and the tank. A bomb could have gone off and the tank wouldn't have broke. After unboxing everything the only damage i found was to a small piece of glass that is used for the lid over the back chambers. i called up CAD light and they are sending me a new one right away.

Here are some pics.

The removable Filter area is pretty lose and can pull water from pretty much anywhere.

So i started to modify it....
I decided to just use black air line tubing i had and split it down the middle.
I then ran the Pieces down the cut outs and glued them in place. This made it a snug fit with the tank. The flow now runs through the back like it should.

Still need to add more but you get the idea. The overal look still looks really clean and to me doesn't look rigged....

Austinchap is offline   Reply With Quote