View Single Post
Unread 03/02/2016, 10:56 AM   #112
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
OK, group hug everybody!!
Hi Scott and Marco! So, I am still a still few months away of getting mine set up but, an opportunity has fallen into my lap in the mean time. I have started a separate thread on this but am not getting any participation. I am rebuilding a 700 gallon tank. It was very poorly done originally but could be and will be unreal when I am thru with it. I will post the link below so that I don't have to redo everything. My question to you is this. I know that all of the dream box sizes are preprogrammed into the CNC machine and any changes have to be reprogrammed and I already know that the room I have existing will not accommodate any current dream box size, especially one fit for a tank of this volume. On saying that, I meet with the carpenter today as I am ripping the current tank out, having a new tank custom made and the wood work completely redone. I am going to request more room below. I will have to see what he can do. IF... I have to work with the existing dimensions or just still not enough for an existing size, can a dream box be custom designed to fit the area I have to work with including a large refugium. I intend to use the Triton method with this setup and teach the house manager how to run the tank and I will be on call. I have always wanted to say price is no object and I won't say it now because I am uncomfortable throwing other peoples money around and he is a friend, but my budget is very large and it is at my discretion what to spend it on. Can it be done? Take a look at the link below. We can move this conversation over there but I hope we have a new dream box owner here. Also, the rest of you, chime in on this.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2550241
Due to the cad work involved in the sump design and the CNC machining that is used to cut the sump material, they don't offer custom sized Dreamboxes. At least not at this point.

Once you have the max available space nailed down, we can see what will work best in that space. There are separate dream box refugiums but you have to get creative in plumbing them into existing dream boxes. That said, what might be feasible would be having a main dreambox that the system drains into. This would house the socks, protein skimmer and media reactors. Then a second smaller dream box that is essentially a gutted dream box that functions as the refugium and hosts the return section. The two boxes would connected together via bulkheads and unions. While my sumps are not dreamboxes, this is how I laid mine out in order to fit them through existing doors below my tank. The main sump in my case is 40"x36" and the refugium with return section is 36"x30". If you take a look at my build thread you can see them there. The sumps are shown in the fist few pages I think.

In the mean time, I will review that thread of yours.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote