View Single Post
Unread 02/12/2018, 07:21 PM   #10619
Nep2nRev1
Registered Member

Hello Reef Central.

Don't know if I should introduce myself as the new old guy or the old new guy. Fact is up until about 8ish years ago I had been keeping aquaria for 12 years or so. I dabbled in freshwater, planted tanks with discus/tetras etc. Built a tank for fancy goldfish for my wife, but saltwater was my addiction.
I'm a plumber by trade. Have been for almost 40 years and it has served me pretty well in this hobby. I've helped build many tanks for friends and worked with a local aquarium maintenance service to do set-ups. I've acted as a consultant on a huge tank at a business not too far from home. But that's all been some time ago.
When the economy tanked, I got out of the hobby. Now 8ish years later I'm making a move to get back in it. I'm relearning, but it's like riding a bike so it seems. What I'm also learning is that in 8ish years, there have been a ton of advancements. The animals still require the same husbandry, but the equipment options are really amazing.
I look forward to learning from this community. Happy reefing, be talking to you soon.

Nep2nRev1 is offline   Reply With Quote