View Single Post
Unread 02/02/2004, 12:07 AM   #12
crpeck
Premium Member

Great proposal! I see you're already getting some interest.

Yes, I volunteer to handle the fund. If all you need is corals and $3,500 to get started, I don't think we need to complicate it with a formal organization. You're right that your university and research org would want overhead money. We need to pull in one more person for accountability. If I'm receiving the money and you're spending the money, we need one more person to report to that isn't handling money ... Steve? I will set up a bank account and send reconciliations/reports to you and to whomever wants the info. I could even post donation reports on the thread.

You can tell people to send their contribution to:
Elegance Coral Project
c/o Catherine Peck, CPA
6387 Brooks Manor Cove
Memphis, TN 38119

I think it would be helpful to narrow down the instructions you provided in your proposal post to separate step-by-step instructions on a Word document for various scenarios. i.e. If you have a sick coral ... instruction list A, if you have a dead coral ... instruction list B, etc.

I'd like to test the "sytem" by contacting some online sellers with your shipping instructions and see if they're willing to work with us. If so, we can get things started by getting you some corals shipped from them.

You're welcome to send any general inquiries to me or Steve if you find you're spending more time responding to inquiries than doing research. Steve, maybe we can divvy up the volunteer organization if we get as many inquiries as we hope?

Sounds like we're rolling!
Cathy

crpeck is offline   Reply With Quote