View Single Post
Unread 12/23/2016, 07:00 PM   #5
BlueCorn
Retired

I love the camera; so much more dynamic range than my Canon gear. Your best bet with aquarium lighting is to shoot raw and correct white balance in processing. Using a white target in the tank can be helpful too. If you've got multi-spectral lighting (Kessel et.al) you can also just the lights while shooting and then put them back.

Adapters aren't a bad way to start, but they're a hassle in the long run. When I switched, that's how I shot but have been gradually switching over to Sony glass. I AM a landscape guy so the fact that my bag is 12lbs lighter is a big deal to me. If you can't afford Sony/Zeiss glass, check out the Rokinon lenses for Sony. They're full manual but reasonably sharp, compact and pretty cheap.

(The lens in my avatar weighed over 5 lbs. The replacement for it has more reach, is just as sharp, is optically stabilized and weighs less than 1 lbs. Don't get me wrong, I loved that Canon 24-70, but not so much that I miss it.)

[I]Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made when establishing tonal relationships. ~ Ansel Adams[/I]

Last edited by BlueCorn; 12/23/2016 at 07:07 PM.
BlueCorn is offline   Reply With Quote