View Single Post
Unread 03/10/2018, 07:19 PM   #38
clownfish4
Registered Member

I was looking at Diver's Den today and saw a mated pair of orange spotted gobies with a red banded pistol shrimp, as well as a pink streak wrasse, so I decided to place my order. After adding those to the cart I looked at the shrimp in Diver's Den and found a single fire shrimp, then I saw a mated pair of skunk cleaner shrimp. Can you guess which I went with? If you said fire shrimp, you are WRONG! Never had mated anything in the ~15 years I've been reef keeping, now I'll have two mated pairs in my tank. To finish it out I cruised over to the aquacultured corals in Diver's Den and found a very intriguing chili pepper plating montipora. All are scheduled to be delivered Tuesday.

The mesh for the screen top arrived today, but the rail kit was "lost". Carrier says they delivered it, but it's nowhere to be found. The delivery notes say it was left in my mailbox, but the shipping box is 3' long and my mailbox is maybe 18" deep, sooooo I don't think they put it in the mailbox. I contacted the distributor and they shipped a replacement that should arrive Monday.

The breeder box should arrive tomorrow. I'm not going to quarantine. Yes yes, I know I should, but I've thought this through a lot and am not concerned. The breeder box will hang on the side of the aquarium submerged in the display. It has a divider, so the gobies and pistol shrimp will go on one side and the skunk shrimp and wrasse will go on the other. I'll leave them in there until they are eating readily.

Speaking of eating, today is fish food making day. I couldn't find a prepackaged medley at the grocery store, so I bought octopus, clams, and shrimp. I'm grinding those with Selcon, Coral Frenzy, Omega One flakes, fresh garlic, and fresh ginger. I will also be hatching brine shrimp.

I'll be doing a 5g water change tomorrow, and probably another one on Monday to get rid of all the nitrate from the cycle. The ATS hasn't really grown much as the fishless cycle doesn't introduce phosphate or any nutrients outside of the nitrogen cycle. Once that is kicking I'll be going ULM with minimal water changes.

Last thing to do before Tuesday is turn the dosers on. After the water change tomorrow I'll test and dose Ca/Alk/Mg to the desired levels, then turn the dosers on.

clownfish4 is offline   Reply With Quote