View Single Post
Unread 03/26/2013, 03:31 PM   #14
DrPat
Registered Member

http://www.marinedepot.com/Polyp_Lab...FIMEPS-vi.html SEE MY REVIEW
I just remembered I used poly lab medic 3 years ago to quell a ick outbreak during an August heat wave. Poly lab medic is peroxide salts I see they have now added metronidazole to it I don't recall that being in my bottle at that time. The first treatment which I believe is 10 days, decreased disease without any deaths. But ick was still on the fish .The second treatment I double dosed and the ICK subsided completely. The fish were disease free for the following 2 years, until i SOMEHOW INTRODUCED BROOKLYNELLA AND EVENTUALLY GOT WIPED OUT.I think the brook came in when I accidently spilled LFS water from a coral purchase. I went back to the LFS and realized that the damsels that where in the frag system where covered with parasites. LFS owners sometimes think that fish will cure in inertebrate systems. so if you buy inverts from systems with fish in them be sure to qt themafter dipping the corals.Or get burned like I did.

Current Tank Info: 480 gallon system 180 display tank recently reset,plumbed to a 110 fuge and another 110 display 2 30 gallon resorvoirs and sump. reseach room presenlty with 6 20 gal 6 29 gal 1 50 gal, tank and growing , culturing micro algae,copepods,rotifers

Last edited by DrPat; 03/26/2013 at 03:39 PM.
DrPat is offline   Reply With Quote