View Single Post
Unread 12/07/2015, 05:13 AM   #2310
Kazalla
Registered Member

Hello dear fellows, a small update from me: the dino population is further decreasing. Green algae are spreading on the tank glass. The dino jelly on the tank glass has transformed into a red cyano layer. Dinos are only visible at the water surface (I siphon them out) and on the anemone safety socks of the powerheads.

I continue to feed large amounts of unwashed frozen food (three times than normal). Skimmer is on and skimming dry. Light cycle is normal: 12hours. I've never done a water cycle or a lights-out-for-three-days since the outbreak (end of october).

All corals and anemones are open and looking great with one exception: the condylactis gigantea anemone, it has a white color and is further shrinking :/ (I've to say I never could establish this type of anemone in my tank, even before the outbreak, maybe it has something to do with toxins the RBTA is releasing into the water).

All kinds of pods brittle stars and bristle worms are back in business, I've never seen such a huge population of algae feeding pods on the tank glass ^^ . Even the pest like caulerpa brachypus algae begin to spread out of the live rocks, if you ever encounter this type of caulerpa, remove it completely and fast as you can and watchout for small pieces drifting off! It has the ability to spread out even month after you removed it off the live rocks because of roots... I'll keep you up to date.

Sincerely, Dennis

Last edited by Kazalla; 12/07/2015 at 05:19 AM.
Kazalla is offline   Reply With Quote