View Single Post
Unread 03/18/2013, 11:59 AM   #22
danil
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfuse9113 View Post
I want to do mostly SPS but I want zoos and mushrooms as well since I enjoy the way they look... also some stuff life pulsating xenia and star polyps... Would any of that cause issues with "over skimming" if so what skimmer would be best for me? Any recommendations of Octopus vs Aquamaxx skimmers? I also have a Coralife Super Skimmer for a 65 gallon tank... but that thing seems to suck.
What is a good skimmer? Some parameters to be aware of: 1. Noise . 2. Hum. 3. Did I say noise already? Another one - overflowing. If you thought to get external (hand on) type think again. Even good one (read expensive) can overflow in no time when you add this "awesome super liquid" in your tank water. Size. It does matter a lot if you have small sump or no sump at all. Footprint and height check them both! It should be some space between skimmer cup and your tank for you to take cup off.
So I wouldn't wary about over-skimming there are so many other more important things to wary about . Yes it is possible but you can always shut the noisy thing down for good!

danil is offline   Reply With Quote