View Single Post
Unread 09/22/2017, 12:25 PM   #1
Bpb
Registered Member

Difficulty choosing new bulbs

Hey folks. Still can't decide which combo I'm going to shoot for. Long time t5ho user here. Been through a lot of bulb combos. So many pluses to each different combo as well but I haven't been truly happy yet with the overall ambience of the tank.

I am fully aware that flow, chemistry, and food are equally if not more important to color development , so I won't go there too much. I'm speaking more of the overall looks of the tank. Color of the sand and rocks. The hue the tank shines the room with. That sort of thing.

Current combo is

4 ati blue+
2 ati coral+
2 ati true actinic.

It's way too blue for my taste. I like even color across the tank and want to avoid color banding which is why I don't want to use a single bulb of any kind. I really love the 10k halide with blue supplement look. Loved that look when I ran halides (which I won't go back to) and I wanna get closer to that). I liked it more than Radiums.

I'm torn between the popular and positive track recorded BigE combo for me which would be evenly staggered
4 ati blue+
4 ati coral+

But I worry it will still look too cold and blue.

Considering
4 ati blue+
2 ati true actinic
2 giesemann 6500k tropic.

Yes I am familiar with the bulb. Ran a single one in the combo years ago and liked it. Used them on my planted tank for years as well. It's a lot warmer and whiter than most people would prefer but it's the color I like.

Which of those two would you think the tank would respond well to or will it be a total wash in terms of growth. I just want the tank a lot whiter looking. Getting a lot of green colors in the corals and that dark blue shine in the room. Want to kind of promote some warmer colors and brighten it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote