View Single Post
Unread 05/23/2008, 08:37 AM   #21
dklaue
Registered Member

Sorry for the long absence, it has been a busy year, but my tank is still going strong. Here are some answers to comments and an update on how my tank is doing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Seehag
Look's good was the anenome extra? I will check outthe page..
No, everything in the pictures above were generously provided by Richard.

Quote:
Originally posted by jakkalofv
that looks awesome, but I should ask, did you buy just the package and get a bunch of thrown in extras? or did you order some of those other things as well (sponges, anemones, etc)?
I bought a 25g package and that is everything you see in my tank, it was all provided by Richard and included in the original package price, he threw in lots of extras including the anemones and sponges. In the upper pictures there is nothing that was not included in the package. In the below pictures it is still all the same package except the addition of a few fish.

Quote:
Originally posted by tangafish
that is an awesome looking tank, you did a great job on the layout. how are all of your sponges doing? what is that in the back on the far left side, is that a hugeeee gongorian or what..richard's generosity is always a pleasant and unexpected surprise..usually it takes years of collecting different corals and plants at an HUGE expense to have a tank that looks that good. that is the amazing thing about the tbs you get an instant reef.. great thread dklaue & awesome pics! what kind of camera are you using, i cant get a decent close up with mine. I just discovered a green mantis in my tank but fortunately he is in a quarantine tank so not running amuck in my reef, so far havent had any luck catching him..pretty sad that a 1" shrimp can outwit me..lol. Keep us posted!
Thank you
I still have about 2/3 of my sponges. I lost my red tree sponge about 6 months ago. It got caught in a red algae growth that i didn't notice which clogged it up I guess. It withered and started to disintegrate soon after no matter what I tried. Other sponges on rocks that were exposed to direct light seems to slowly shrink without dieing, then disappeared. The other sponges that were not in direct light (mostly at the base of rocks near the sand line or on the bottom of rocks) still seem to thrive and some have actually grown double their original size. I even have one that keeps expanding and tends to cement rocks together if they sit next to each other where it is. The camera i use is a Kodak Easyshare C743. Nothing fancy or expensive. I put it on a tripod to prevent shaking, and I use the close up option for pictures 24" or closer.

Quote:
Originally posted by vetdog
What kind of lighting are you using?
I have a 24" 2x65W Coralife Aqualight Power Compact Retro Kit 1x Actinic and 1x 10,000K

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar1
these threads make me want to start a TBS tank. Good luck with a clown hosting the Condi as I have never heard of a clown hosting one, but they are colorful and nice to look at.
I had read that a clown might host a condi but not a sure thing. Turns out mine didn't, and I later lost my condi when he decided he wanted to try and be friendly with my powerhead

Current Tank Info: 20g mt, 20g sump/refugium, 2x65w PC, 25g Package from TBS
dklaue is offline   Reply With Quote