Thread: dino experiment
View Single Post
Unread 02/11/2011, 05:50 PM   #48
t4zalews
65g Ritteri Tank

new skimmer works PERFECT. As you can see in the picture i set the level to break before going up the collection tube. In the collection cup opening i put in a mesh bag and then poured carbon through it to fill the rising tube. The o3 has to pass through it on its way out. and i zip tied a bag of carbon to the exit tube back to the sump. I have absolutely NO OZONE SMELL. I put my head right by the skimmer and took a whiff and nothing. Very excited...this was a good use of funds to make an ozone reactor. the skimmer pulls enough air to suck air through the ozone unit but its not overwelming. Just a nice tumble in the reactor. and the mixing chamber of the skimmer is big enough so a lot of water can be in contact with the ozone. Im very happy with this purchase.

Now more importantly...will my dino's go away now. I set my APEX to turn the ozone unit when orp drops below 350 and turn off when it hits 380. I might raise it if I dont see enough results. either that or ill turn the ozone unit up a little. its currently at 1 or 22mg/hr.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (46.7 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg photo1.jpg (56.3 KB, 147 views)

65g - Radion XR30 G3 Pro x2 - Deltec SCA 1351 - APEX - Tunze - Vortech
t4zalews is offline   Reply With Quote