View Single Post
Unread 04/14/2009, 03:35 PM   #94
nemowannabe
Registered Member

HI, well I am brand spanking new at this. Just bought a 24 gal Aquapod and mixed my first batch of salt water last night. I have so many questions. I've been trying to read up on stuff but just end up wtih more questions. (do you know how long it even took me to figure out how much salt to add to the water? it's not in any of the books I looked in) anyway, I started my heater and am goin to add my "live sand" Bagged today I think 20 lbs worth? After I do that how long to I have to wait to get my live rock in? I was planning on getting some Live Rock from my boyfriends work buddy who is downsizing his tank. Is this OK or is it too what's the word, cured? to start my cycling process? Also, any brand names or types of test kits anyone can refer me to would be greatly appreciated?
Thanks,
Ps, I bought a submersable heater.... how low should it go in my tank (can the cord get wet??? and any ideas on it's placement in the tank, how about placement of my thermometer. SHould they be on oposite sides of the tank? can the heater go in the slot in the back near the pump or should it be in the "main viewing area?"

nemowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote