View Single Post
Unread 10/17/2012, 09:02 PM   #5
kevantheman35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orm Embar View Post
Your tank is really nice! Is that purple coral (#3) a Ricordea, an anemone, or something else?

I read in a different thread that high magnesium can shelp with Bryopsis, but I would have to reread the thread for specifics.

Agree that the Bubble Magus HOB is a lot of skimmer - the one I'm considering for my 38 is a Reef Octopus BH-90, with about half of the air draw of yours. Then again, I only plan on using it for cycling and emergencies, with macroalgae providing the usual filtration along with live rock/sand (I prefer skimmerless systems as you get more feather dusters/sponges/et cetera).
Thanks for your comment embar!
Its a maxi mini carpet nem. I have 2 other variations but they can barely be seen where they moved to in the tank. The purple one in the pic is actually pretty large, probably around 7'' accross when fully open.
From what I have seen my options are either magnesium, or peroxide dosing to rid myself of bryopsis. I am scared of peroxide dosing as I would hate to lose any of my corals and I have no other tank to put them in at the moment. If anyone has any input let me know. I have been running crazy amounts of gfo for months now with no real effects.

Current Tank Info: 34g Mixed Reef Solana (2 years old). 12g jbj nanocube dx (retired at 2 years old)
kevantheman35 is offline   Reply With Quote