View Single Post
Unread 04/21/2012, 12:25 PM   #238
nineball
Registered Member

Update as promised

Its been a long while since any updates. We have been very busy with the build and have lots to talk about. We have been shooting videos for the last six weeks and have put together a 6 minute first episode to get some feedback before we release any others. This first episode is designed to give the first time visitor a general high level overview of this build and introduce the Four Masters who were inspirational in this build for both design and best practices.

This video also marks the milestone of 100% LED lights over the display tank. As I have noted earlier I am very impressed with the results and firmly believe that LED's now represent a best practice for our hobby. I am planning a full episode devoted to lighting to discuss the evolution of lighting with this build from the beginning as well as a look into the future as we further develop the quality and capability of this technology.

It was a challenge to release this episode as there were a million things and ideas we wanted to improve on but we realized just like everything else in this hobby there is a learning curve that we need to respect. That means we hopefully will get better with time and practice. The original source file was shot in 1080P and Phanfare lets you choose the resolution based on your equipment and bandwidth availability.

The 1080P is the best resolution but may not be suitable for everyone. If the video seems jerky or out of sync with the audio the choose a lower resolution. The levels are ‘LO’ ‘MED’ ‘HI’ and ‘HD’ . HD is 1080P and should be best on a high end system. ‘HI’ is 720P and is much easier to use for most folks. We are looking for feedback so please let us know.

The equipment used was the Gopro Hero2 with the 'BlurFix' lens attachment, Canon 5D II with a variety of L lenses, Canon XF 100 video camera. There's a bunch more accessories including lights, mikes etc but Rob Baxter our videographer was the real magic in the mix from my point of view.

The first question that I can anticipate will be “when is the next one” and I can say that we want to get some feedback before we do any more to hopefully improve the format to everyone’s’ benefit.

So with that brief introduction I will ask Dave M to post the video and hopefully find out it was worth while………

Peter

Current Tank Info: SW mixed reef 1350 gal in progress
nineball is offline   Reply With Quote