View Single Post
Unread 02/19/2016, 02:12 PM   #11
soulpatch
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefWreak View Post
Do you have a filter sock ready for the lanthanum? Going to run the BRS reactors with GFO?

You're not doing a refugium, right? It's weird, I recommend a refugium for small tanks, but on larger tanks, I'm not so sure... I think an ATS would be a sweet setup if you have the room for it, but they can become so good at nutrient removal it becomes problematic. I dunno, I'm sorta surprised that it seems like ATS/refugiums/macroalgae as a nutrient export is resurging again in popularity in the hobby. There are some cool ATS plans in the DIY forum if you have any interest in taking a look.
I am contemplating going ATS myself if I change out my sump later. But I wanted the refugium more so as a safe place for pod growth. You dont get that in a ATS setup. Though the ATS is more efficient with nutrient export I think there are pros to both.

I think the hobby is seeing the resurgence of the refugium as sumps are now coming stock with areas for them and other equipment has gotten smaller and more efficient to give room to run one in people's stands.

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote