View Single Post
Unread 10/02/2018, 09:16 AM   #16
rayjay
Registered Member

I don't have any other thoughts to help at this moment other than the diamond goby is listed as a threat level 3 but didn't find a rating for the scooter but the ones listed are between 1 and 4. The higher the threat level usually means that they may be causing some seahorses to feel threatened.
My last resort when I can't figure out what is wrong is to place in hospital tank with heavy aeration and treat with Furan II and Diamox to cover most bases. If it works, I may not know the reason but don't care at that point if the seahorse survives.
Unfortunately, Diamox usually requires a prescription so I'd start with the Furan II while I source and obtain the Diamox.
I have had Diamox on hand for MANY years now, but it's been 2-3 years since I last used it as the longer I have been in the hobby, I finally learned just how diligent and extreme I need to be with tank water change frequency/volume coupled with extreme husbandry to remove uneaten food and detritus, especially searching out hidden spots around rock work and decor, AND from mechanical filtration, whatever type you use.

Current Tank Info: Seahorses
rayjay is offline   Reply With Quote