Thread: Doser
View Single Post
Unread 06/04/2018, 07:29 PM   #4
bearpeidog
Registered Member

That’s correct - the neptune DOS. Basically, I want something that I can run RO tube from my Alk mixture and tell it to dose 4oz rather than pour it out etc. I have a kalk stirrer but depending on consumption, I sometimes need to make a little correction. Kalk stirrer is run off a LiterMeter which doses throughout the day for stability. Kalk stirrer maintains but sometimrs it just needs to be bumped up a little. Looks like it runs similar to a LiterMeter only with the huge advantage of being in the neptune ecosystem and all that brings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisterlimonpot View Post
It's hard to understand what you're asking, I'll give it a shot. Since this is the neptune forum I can assume that you're asking about the Dos pump? And you want to be able to input a specific command based on test results.

I don't think you would want to do that. The goal with the Dos is stability. The way the Dos works is that you program how much fluid you want to dose within a given day and it will spread out the amount throughout the times you specify.

The better way to do what you want is after testing you adjust your settings to dose either more or less. It would be advisable not to add a whole bunch of additives in your tank all at once. That's why this system is great.

Current Tank Info: 180 gallon Starfire, 3-Radion G1, Tunze with 7091 Controller, 2- ecotech mp40s, MP60, Panworld 250 return pump, TunzeATO, XP2000ss Reef Octopus Skimmer, Theiling rollermat
bearpeidog is offline   Reply With Quote