View Single Post
Unread 02/03/2018, 09:13 PM   #4
kizanne
Registered Member

Been a busy week and still working.

ordered and received san francisco brine shrimp. Worked to decapsulate some today.
Ordered bulkhead and diamond drill bit. Hubby drilled a hole in the 29 tall I got from petsmart (thank you dollar / gallon which ended today).

Painted the bottom on the 29 tall and the 20 (refugium) blue to make it easier to see left over food.

Hubby built me a stand.

I'm working on painting it right now.

Ordered some parvocalanus and T-Iso. Even though I have some T-iso with the cost of shipping on copepods I want to make sure I don't run out.

Purchased some oyster eggs, frozen copepods, already have frozen rotifers, ordered some s-strain rots, ramping up my L-strain but still need to build buckets for them. I also have set aside some Tisbe's in algae jars to hopefully make more before the babies come.

If these guys don't live it won't be for lack of me spending money

Though lots of this stuff will help with the mandarins if I can ever get a healthy pair. That's harder than I had thought. And Puff, my dragonface pipefish loves the frozen copepods too. I'm sure he'll love the live ones. Not sure if he can hunt parvo's though. His tank has Tisbe's already.

Really they popped their cork a little early. I have some fish in quarantine and was not done rearranging and getting ready for my next breeding go. But I'm going to give it a whirl. With my luck my hubby's clown fish will finally lay a clutch of eggs. Their old enough but I don't think he feeds enough or something in the tank is eating them before we even see them like a piston shrimp or crab. My LFS is going to try to get me a little girl to go with Puff who is a boy. I'd love a whack or 100 whacks at dragonface pipefish. Puff is just so precious.

Current Tank Info: 120 gallon seahorse/flame angel/sharknose/pipefish tank. 30 gallon grow out, misc. other tanks
kizanne is offline   Reply With Quote