View Single Post
Unread 07/31/2017, 03:54 PM   #91
halmus
Registered Member

Quote:
Have you tried getting up top and replicating working inside the tank with the light rack extended? Will you have enough room to move?

Dave.M
I guess I'll need to post pictures of myself working in the tank once the woodwork is done. Your question is the whole basis for why I'm putting all of this work into moving the hood out of the way.

With the hood in place and the lights mounted, assuming a hood that can't move out of the way, I would only have about 9" max of vertical space on the side of the hood (typical side door access) to reach through and try to get to the middle of the tank and 36" down. The top will be covered entirely.

By moving the entire hood out, I only have an 8" wide beam right in the center of the tank and an approximate 20" wide open gap and 24" to the ceiling. It's basically like not having any obstacles in the way other than the natural challenge of reaching to the bottom of a 36" tank. I'm standing on the counter to service the tank (part of the plan). So, imagine standing on the ground with a tank 36" deep reaching down into it.

Quote:
That is easily the coolest fish tank lighting on the planet!!
Thanks Blue!

halmus is offline   Reply With Quote