View Single Post
Unread 04/05/2012, 06:09 AM   #14
ErikS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleof6 View Post
............So to revisit, the Durso and Stockman mods are simply ways of trying to control the amount of air introduced into the standpipe, creating a balance somewhere between turbulent flow and a full siphon. This makes the setup very unstable and requires constant adjustment, not to mention that the setup is never truly silent or safe!"..............
And I can link to unreferenced Wiki pages, so what? About as valid as "I saw bigfoot" or "I saw a UFO". But carry on, I enjoy verbal "loose stools". I have no real interest in information from those who's only real claim to fame is the dogged determination to continue pontificating until the other party has given up.

Utter rubbish. It may not be 100% silent but it's certainly proven to be reliable. It may not be a high flow application but that's what we deal with for the most part - low flow applications. A full siphon on a 1" drain is what? Something like 2000 gph? And how many are using amount of flow? Not many I'd wager..........hence the common use of a valve to maintain the siphon..........which leads to -

Constant adjustment? That's rubbish, if anything needs constant adjustment it's a full siphon system. The flow changes & the siphon needs adjustment to maintain the desired functionality. This occurs frequently. Clean the pump = more flow & needs adjustment. Pump gets dirty = less flow & needs adjustment. What happens in the former case? Oh damn, that's right water level rises until it hits.....wait for it....the air beind water secondary drain which is noisy. In the later case the drain loses siphon and becomes....oh damn....an air behind water drain.

An air behind water drain can run anywhere from little to a full siphon without any adjustment......the only repercussion being noise.

The single issue is having a single drain & while redundancy is always better there are occasions where it's just not feasable.