View Single Post
Unread 08/18/2017, 02:28 AM   #125
mike810
Registered Member

I'm having to drain my skimmer cup daily. Last night I drained the skimmer cup and tonight, this is how much skimmate has collected. This is probably the best skimmer I have ever owned.

The Dastaco carx has alarm features to notify of a co2 leak, water leak or empty co2 bottle. It sounds an audible alarm but also has the option to tie into a third party controller. The port is a regular RCA jack so I bought a 15 ft. cable to run it to the Apex's break out box. I'll have it send me a text and email when an alarm on the Dastaco occurs.

The Dastaco reactors are 34" tall. I originally had the effluent line running to the return section in the sump. This caused siphoning issues and noticed my PH really took a hit since bringing the carx online and stopping 2 part dosing. When I was dosing 2 part, my PH was running around 8.3-8.4 throughout the day. Ceasing 2 part dosing and running the carx, my PH dropped to 7.8-8. So I ran some clear vinyl tubing from the sump up to the return pipe and zip tied the tubing to the pipe. I took the effluent line from the sump and ran it up to the top of the vinyl tubing and stuck the line in there. This helped stopped the siphoning and also helps gas off excess co2. My PH is now steady at around 8.2ish.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote