View Single Post
Unread 01/14/2013, 05:16 AM   #11
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevensquint View Post
Oh!...thats too bad. I was sure 90% that follow that husbandry was way back when I started 20 some years ago. Judging from how many speak of dosing 2-part and using Ca reactors, I had thought the opposite.
Keven, as a member of a local marine reef club, I can't give away corals like green star polyps, waving hand or kenya tree coral on our club website (150 members). I'm not sure they would take it if I offered to pay them. But I put it up on Craigslist at $10 a frag and they sells like hotcakes! And I'm only able to rope in about 10-20% of the CL customers to the club, the rest just don't get it or don't care.

I don't think it's 90%, I think it's closer to a 50/50 split. But the 50% who never learn how to keep a tank leave the hobby regularly and new uneducated hobbists join the hobby. That's how LFS stay in business. It's also why there are so many good deals for beginer equipment on Craigslist.