View Single Post
Unread 06/11/2010, 11:51 AM   #17
fsn77
Registered Member

Thanks for sharing... I really can't imagine what that must have been like. The physical pain was probably not as scary as thinking that you might lose your vision.

Unfortunately, the comfort level a lot of us get over time with doing many things ultimately leaves us very vulnerable to injury (or worse). We all need reminders like this from time to time to keep the potential consequences fresh in our mind. Sorry the person in the reminder this time around turned out to be you, but your story will likely help prevent several hobbyists from having a similar accident.

Personally, having a baby two years ago was the best thing to ever happen to me in terms of being more safe with anything related to our aquariums. Being so young, smaller, and less exposed to all that I have in my time, I made a much more concerted effort to making sure as little as possible from our tanks comes in contact with her. There's many times when I've felt bad for not getting to her sooner if she starts crying, but I won't touch her if I've been in a tank without thoroughly scrubbing my hands and arms.

Best wishes for the remainder of your recovery!

fsn77 is offline   Reply With Quote